25.12.11

Sorry guys

Hey you :)

Sorry that I didn't post anything yesterday night but my family kinda confiscated my laptop from me...
I had a great day yesterday, everything went perfect and Christmas was peaceful and nice.
We went to this "play" in that "Theatre" it was called "Shéhérazade" and was all about that "Mille et une nuits" story, called "Arabian Nights" in English, it was kind of fun and all of us had a great time.
Our Christmas eve was perfect, the food was delicious and the presents I've got are not bad, I've got money, the MacBookPro, a school bag, this Hugo Boss Scarf, some CD's, a book, and there is much more to come.
I had an early morning today because we had to go to the Cinema with my family to watch the new film of Kaurismäki called "le havre", it tells the story of a shoeshiner who tries to save an immigrant child in the French port city Le Havre. The film was really special but I liked it and it's nice to see some finnish films in other countries' cinemas, even though most of the actors were french.
My grand-mother is finnish that's why we watched it, and why we all support Kaurismäki.
Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed your Christmas eve and that you've got nice presents.
What have you got? Did you do anything special yesterday ? I want to know all of it :)
And btw: Did you know that Santa Claus is based on a real person, St. Nikolas of Myra (also known as Nikolaos the Wonderworker, Bishop Saint Nicholas of Smyrna, and Nikolaos of Bari), who lived during the fourth century. Born in Patara (in modern-day Turkey), he is the world’s most popular non-Biblical saint, and artists have portrayed him more often than any other saint except Mary.
I've just read an article about that and am a little bit confused, (I'll post the picture of him on here so you can see how he looks like).
Okey, I'll try to have some sleep now, I'm so tired.

Thank you for reading :)

Matthew



1. Santa Claus




































2. "Le Havre", the film we watched






















3. That "Shéhérazade" play



















4. My new Hugo Boss Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment